
This is me going to Hanauma Bay. I took my book, but didn't read there. This is the place where we went snorkelling. I really enjoyed it, and even saw a huge sea turtle. In the water behind me, you can see some places where the water is darker in color. That's where the coral is, and all around the coral there are tropical fish of every size and color.

This is the USS Arizona memorial at Pearl Harbor. When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, the Arizona took a direct hit to its munitions which caused a series of huge explosions which destroyed and sunk the ship, burning and drowning over 1,100 of its crew. The memorial is built over the Arizona which you can see just below the surface. The dead from the Arizona are still entombed in their ship. You get to the memorial by boat.

This picture was taken at the Polynesian Cultural Center. I am taking a Hula lesson. I have a washable tattoo on my ankle from one of the other activities there.

This is our group, Darryl and Alyson Christensen, Rusty and Jackie Rollingson and Rob and I. Darryl and Rusty are Rob's Vice-Principals. This is taken in front of the temple. Unfortunately, the temple is undergoing major renovations and is closed. In total it will be closed for a year and a half. I believe it reopens this summer.

We stopped for a look around at this spot. I believe it is called Turtle Bay because a mountain island out in the ocean (not the one behind us) is shaped like a turtle.
1 comment:
YOU WENT TO HAWAII? It looks fun! We hope you had a fun time!
Post a Comment