This week was the week of Christmas concerts at the school Monday night was the Jr/Sr. High band concert and Thursday night was the elementary Christmas concert. Tomorrow, Alyssa plays a piano duet at a casual style recital in Lethbridge.
This is the Grade 8 band. Alyssa is in the second row playing the Alto Saxophone. She is wearing black and has her hair up. The Grade 8 band played 3 numbers. This is their third, about the magi.
At the elementary school, each grade performed a number. This is the kindergarten (all 3 classes) doing "Must be Santa." I know the video is too fuzzy to pick out Preston, but he is in a white shirt and tie next to a kid in a red sweater on the end of the first row on the higher stage near the right hand side of the screen. Through most of the video, the lighting pole cuts him in half. This number was quite a crowd pleaser.
I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get the video of Austin to load, but apparently, I accidentally switched my camera to high quality mode when I videoed him. Because of that, the video uses a lot of memory and won't upload very well. Austin's grade played hand chimes for various carols between each of the other numbers. About 15 kids performed at a time. He participated in Jolly Old Saint Nicholas and Jingle Bells.
The elementary concert more than packed the Tom Karren Gym. Apparently the audience was in excess of a thousand people....the band concert wasn't quite so packed.
1 comment:
AMAZING!!!! Awesome performances Alyssa, Preston and I am sure Austin.
Post a Comment