On Wednesday, we got up and checked out of the hotel and got to Galaxyland at West Edmonton Mall just as it was opening at 10am. We had a great time here, too. There are a couple of bonafide amazing roller coasters as well as lots of other rides both for little guys and big people. We took turns being with Mark, and going on the rides with Alyssa and with the little guys. We stayed till after 4 and Mark did just fine. Never in my wildest imagination would I have thought Mark could handle a full day at the waterpark, a full day at Galaxyland as well as 11 hours of driving.
We did have one problem with Mark. On the first night in the hotel, he woke up at 4 am and started slapping his belly....over and over...(of course his pajama shirt was in his mouth and therefore he was banging a bare belly). At 4:30, I got out of bed. I was worried he would wake everyone up as we were all in the same room. Mark was sleeping on a foam on the floor. I thought, maybe if I moved him on his foam into the bathtub, maybe we could close the door on his banging and everyone else could sleep. However, once in the bathtub, he started banging on the walls of the tub, and even with the door closed, this was much, much louder. So, I moved him back and gave him some more melatonin, hoping he'd go back to sleep. He never did, but I did at least and the kids mostly slept though. Rob never went back to sleep. After this incident, we gave Mark the affectionate nickname of "Sir bangs-a-lot."
Austin and Preston enjoyed some of the rides available for shorter people including the airplane ride, ...
the dragon wagon...
The cosmic spinner (actually Austin...and I...hated this ride which has no point except to make you dizzy).
The cosmic bounce....On this one you go up and down quickly. It makes your stomach drop... Austin firmly believes that the result of 2 times on the cosmic spinner and two times on the cosmic bounce will always be throwing up!
The carousel...
In this picture you can see the tracks of two different roller coasters. I believe that is us in the blue and yellow car on the yellow roller coaster called the galaxy orbiter. It circles all around galaxyland and the car spins as it goes. It is pretty exciting, but also great because Preston and Austin were allowed to ride it with a chaperone. Preston really liked this one....Austin, not so much.
In this picture, Alyssa and Rob are strapping in for the Mindbender. This is the marquis ride of Galaxyland. It has you go straight up about 10 stories or more, then dive all the way down at an amazing speed, return back up high and do 3 loop de loops and a couple of corkscrews. It is beyond anything I've ever done, and once was enough for me. Alyssa went once with me and once with Rob. After the day was over (note not before) Rob complained that no one would go on it with him again....we didn't hear him ask while we were actually at Galaxyland!
Bumper cars...
In the background of this picture, you can see the mindbender cars going up and up...
Alyssa and I at the end of the mindbender....Austin says I look like I'm going to puke and Alyssa looks like she's going to cry.
This picture is of the auto sled. It was Austin's favorite roller coaster. We went on it over and over and over and over. Austin and Preston could ride, but only if they each had an adult chaperone. Unfortunately, to secure you in the ride, they push a thick padded bar into your hips. It was so tight I could feel all my body fat displaced above and below. The tightness had a way of taking the fun out of the ride. In the afternoon when we went on one time, the operator didn't push the bar all the way down. I thought he forgot us, and I was terrified, all the way around that Preston would fall out. I held the bar close with one arm, and held onto Preston for dear life with the other arm. Then, on subsequent times down the slide, I realized that it was just fine for the bar to be put down half way, in fact most adults didn't have that bar pushed into their hips. After that the ride was a little less miserable.
The balloon ride is like a little ferris wheel
The galaxy orbiter
The train

The autosled, again...
1 comment:
WOW...too much fun. I hope nobody Puked!!!!
Post a Comment