Sunday, September 11, 2011

New Positions

Three members of this Doig family have new titles this week.

It was junior high student council elections. Alyssa considered running for Jr High President, but at the last minute one of her friends decided to run. Alyssa decided to turn in her nomination for room rep. She won by acclamation! Congratulations, Alyssa, Gr. 9A room rep! Alyssa also made the grade 9 volleyball team.

Austin also ran for room rep. In his case, he had to run against another girl in his grade. He campaigned with Maynard candies for all with "vote for Austin" on them. He also made "posters" on lined paper written in pen or pencil and posted on the wall with a single piece of tape. One of his posters had a picture of a "liger" on it and said "Vote for Austin and all your wildest dreams will come true." It was frightening how much it seemed like something Napoleon Dynamite might have drawn! As a room rep candidate, Austin did not have to give a speech, but before the President/VP etc., speeches, in front of the whole Jr High, all the room rep candidates were introduced. Austin took that opportunity to do a couple of short dance moves to win the crowd over. As it turned out, Austin's tactics proved successful and he was elected. Congratulations, Austin Doig, Gr. 7B room rep!

Finally, today, I got a new calling at church as Relief Society President. I don't know how to make a joke about this yet. I am quite in awe still. Tomorrow I meet with the outgoing president to get up to speed. After that, I am sure the full weight of this responsibility will start to hit me. Please feel free to pray for me. I'll need it.

2 comments:

Hemsley5 said...

Congratulations Alyssa and Austin, you will both be great room reps. Becky - oh my . . . I will be praying for you, best of luck. I may eat these words but it is a position I never want try out. You will be great once you get on your feet. So jump up and move and groove Sister Doig! Love you.

Kartchner Family said...

Way to work the crowd Austin...you'll be an awesome room rep. Alyssa you are pretty awesome yourself... congratulations on your victory. And GO Becky!!!!

My Blog List