This is my video tour of our new ensuite bathroom which Rob and I built over the last couple of weeks.
And some pictures too! I just love how everything worked together--the colors and the use of the space. I am so delighted to have this wonderful bathroom! Thank you, Rob for your amazing work. Isn't he handy?
This angle lets you see the position of the vanity, shower and toilet in relation to each other.
We re really happy with the prefab granite counter top and the dark wood cabinets. I love having so much cupboard space. I have a place for everything. This should really help us to be clean and organized.
This view shows the tile. I think it turned out beautiful.
Notice Rob has even installed the towel racks and toilet paper holder!
Sometimes when you see a finished product, it is hard to remember the work that went into it. So, lest we forget, here are some pictures of the process.
The first task, which we hired out, was to dig a trench through the concrete to build in drains for the toilet and shower. This involved removing the wall between the bathroom and mechanical room. They also had to temporarily move the hot water tank.
Rob had to rewire the bathroom as it had been previously wired for other use. This required removing all the walls that had previously been drywalled to have the necessary access in the wall to rewire.
Starting on the second coat of mud. I helped quite a bit with mudding and sanding. It is one of the most terrible jobs I know, but we are getting better at it. Our walls look pretty good.
This is the tile after it was laid, but before it was cleaned up, grouted and sealed. I laid the tile, with Rob cutting the tiles and mixing the mortar. We used the same tile for around the shower as on the floor. Rob cut the 18" floor tiles into 6" squares, 9 per big tile, to use around the shower. He did this will a little table top wet saw. It took him about 4 hours straight to cut the 50 some odd tiles bent over in the garage with chalky water spraying at him the whole time.
Awesome! I remember talking about these plans when we were there last. So much work - I know, but it feels so good when it's done, better than if you'd just hired it all out...
4 comments:
Very nice - can you come to my house. Who knew Rob would come in handy one day. Love it and can't wait to come see it.
The bathroom and laundry room look AMAZING. Job well done, can't wait to see it.
Awesome! I remember talking about these plans when we were there last. So much work - I know, but it feels so good when it's done, better than if you'd just hired it all out...
Post a Comment