Michelle and her kids came to Cardston this weekend. Sherylee is also here for a month or so. On Friday, we took the kids to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. It was Chad's first time. It was a nice experience to be together as family in the temple. We had 4 Melchezidek priesthood holders in the family to help perform the ordinances.
On Saturday morning, quite a few of us participated in the Cardston 5K/5M family fun run. I love this event. It is great for kids and non-runners as all kids and most adults get a prize and the top three in each age group in both the 5K race and the 5M race get a medal. The after race food is also good. It is cheap to enter and everyone gets a shirt--for the adults, they are nice running shirts. This race is also excellent in the sense that the distances are accurate and the race is chip timed.
Preston and I as well as Granny and Grandpa Paul entered the 5K race. I normally run the 5M, but I have only just started training again and I didn't want to injure myself. I ran in 28:40 which is better than I thought I'd do, but about 3 minutes slower than I was running 5K at the end of triathlons last summer. So I guess I have some training to do if I am going to do triathlons again this year. Preston finished just barely ahead of Granny (thanks Granny!) at just under 40:00 and Grandpa came in 5 minutes later.
Keston, Chad, Nathan and Sherylee ran the 5 miles. Keston has been running cross country and finished strong in just over 43 minutes. Chad was right there with him, just a couple of steps behind--which is quite amazing since he is younger and hasn't been training. Sherylee came in next and then Nathan.
Several of us got medals and prizes and Grandpa Paul won the grand prize gift basket which had goodies he shared with the kids. Overall it was a great day!
| Granny and Preston at the finish |
| Keston finishing with Chad coming in behind. |
| Grandpa Paul at the finish--ran the whole race in his hat! |
| The runners |
No comments:
Post a Comment