Friday, September 28, 2012

Academic Honors

Yesterday was the academic award ceremony at MHS to honor last year's students who achieved honors 80% average or better, high honors, 90% or higher and the top academic student in each grade.  It was a proud moment! First, Austin was recognized for receiving high honors (Thank you Mr. Stewart, the shop teacher for taking a late clothes pin project--I think it made the difference). As Austin has told us several times, big head means big brains.

Alyssa was also recognized as earning high honors. Then, with all the honors students standing up front, they called out the student with the highest academic average in the grade. It was my very own daughter Alyssa! I was trying to get a picture (which was hard as Alyssa seemed to be in a big rush) and I missed what everyone else noticed, which was her dad, choking up with emotion to see his daughter thus honored. Great work Alyssa! And, since she was being honored for Grade 9 achievement, this technically made her the Jr. High valedictorian (though we don't have Jr. High grad) and she received a check from the Alberta Teacher's Association for $75 as well as the plaque all the other grade winners received.

I am pleased that my kids are learning to apply themselves academically. It is fun to see them excited about learning.





2 comments:

Kartchner Family said...

Way to go AUSTIN!!!! You best thank your mom for getting your English Final mark corrected.

You are the best ALYSSA...I couldn't be more proud. I know how much you wanted and worked toward this achievement.

Congrats Rob and Becky...you have great kids...so glad we're related.

Hemsley5 said...

Congratulations on your successes! And we all know that Rob is just a big softie.

My Blog List