Wednesday, January 23, 2013

California Trip Part III: Sunday

On Sunday, December 30th we packed up and left our hotel in Santa Ana. Then we went to 11:00 am church in Santa Ana. It was a different church experience than we were used to. Most of the congregation was latino, or polynesian or black. They didn't run the second hour of church so we went straight from Sacrament Meeting to RS/Combined priesthood with the missionaries teaching. Preston got enough food in primary for a whole meal and also was given firecrackers! The kids were nice to Alyssa. Two girls invited her to sit between them to make an oreo! After church we went to the beach briefly then found our hotel in Anaheim by Disneyland.

At the church in Santa Ana we met a man with the same condition as Austin. I feel bad, I've forgotten his name. Anway, what was cool was that he had just been home from his mission for 3 weeks. Apparently the church turned him down for missionary service twice on account of the achondroplasia. However, with additional medical information and support from local priesthood leaders we was able to serve--in the Billings Montana Mission!
After church we drove to the beach. I think it ended up being Huntington Beach. We wanted to put our feet in the Pacific. We changed clothes with great diffiulty in the van since the change rooms were locked for the season. (Later we realized other change rooms were open). We were barely on the beach 10-15 minutes (Less for me as I was getting Mark changed) when it started to rain! Still, I think Rob got some good shots of our very brief visit to the ocean.






See the dark clouds coming from inland?




No comments:

My Blog List