Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bryner visit

My sister Liz came to visit from Saturday, July 13th until the following Saturday, July 20th with her 7 children, Anna, Paul, James, Garrett, Pierce, Ali and Ashley. Her husband Christian couldn't get away from work and we missed him, because he is so much fun and Rob really enjoys his company. I was so impressed with Liz for having the courage and strength to travel so far with all her kids. We were so happy to have them come. 
We had a great time together. From Monday to Thursday, her four boys and Preston were in the Danny Balderson Basketball Camp. They all walked over to the Magrath school at 9 each morning, came home for lunch at noon and went back from 1-3 pm. I could almost imagine they lived here and were all going to school together in the morning. They loved the camp, I think, though it was a little tiring for Preston and maybe the twins. It seemed to me that James couldn't get enough of it! While they were at camp each day, Alyssa was taking Bronze Cross (a lifeguarding course) at the Magrath pool. Having 6 kids
gone for a few hours each day, allowed Liz and I some time to visit, go for a couple of runs, and interact with the other kids. Anna got to play the piano (which she does beautifully).
When not at camp, the kids worked on creating a movie, played laser tag, and we watched a movie or two together. We even had family scriptures and FHE all together. On Tuesday night Anna, Paul and James went with Alyssa and Austin to the combined YM/YW activity which was a BBQ, night games and an outdoor movie. It went pretty late, but they seemed to like it. 
While they were here we went to St. Mary's reservoir three times. We set up a play area at Wally's beach and took turns taking people on tube rides and for pulls behind the boat. The first day we went was a little chilly, but the other days were warm and mostly calm, so we had a great time there. Liz and her 5 oldest kids either kneeboarded, wakeboarded or skiied behind the boat. Some did more than one. I think they all also got to go on tube rides. The younger kids especially loved playing in the sand.
I cried when after they left, Saturday morning. I love those guys and miss them so much!
Does writing "Hawaii" in the sand make it so?
Ali wore her water shirt under her swim suit because she didn't figure it was modest to have her shoulders showing. She has SO much personality!

Ali is very talented with the monkey bars. I took her and Mark to the park one morning while the boys were at camp and Liz was doing the books for the Law firm.

Ali is pushing Mark on the special swing

Playing at the beach

Ashely and Liz at the beach

Dress up for the movie. LOVE IT!

I believe this is Ali as the bad guy. She loved those gloves and wore them walking to the Blue Goose to get snow Bobs.

Beautiful cousins

This is the last afternoon of the basketball camp. Preston, Garrett and Pierce are doing a tournament. The twins are pretty good ball players.

This is all the kids from the camp at the end of the last afternoon when they were giving out awards. Amazingly, all 5 of our boys got awards--either for winning 3 on 3, or 5 on 5 tournaments, or in Preston's case for receiving the coach's award.

I was so glad Liz got a chance to kneeboard. I think she also got up on waterskis.

Paul skiing

Liz getting confident on the kneeboard

James on the kneeboard


Paul wakeboarding

Pierce (Correct me if I am wrong) on the kneeboard

Garrrett on the kneeboard. Garrett rode for a long time. I guess we didn't adequately teach him that he could let go when he was done. He didn't know how to end the ride. When he started a get a tear in his eye, the spotter caught on and killed the engine.

Anna on the kneeboard 

No comments:

My Blog List