Thursday night I had to take Mark in to Emergency in Lethbridge. Mark's constipation had become severe. His stomach was very distended and when I fed him he wretched. He was not responding to any treatments.
After waiting half the night in Emergency, we found out Mark had a bowel obstruction--which, untreated could be life-threatening. The next day they did surgery on him to remove the blockage. He is o.k. now and came home from his second hospital stay this afternoon.
We think the narcotics (constipating), the surgery (causing a lot of soreness in the groin area) and the lack of mobility he has, combined with his diet (no fiber) created a perfect storm for his bowels.
I am on my way to sleep in my own bed, for the first time in 9 days! Let's hope I have spent my last night in a hospital cot or emergency room chair for a while!
--Becky
1 comment:
All our prayers are with you!
Post a Comment