Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Transitions

This morning when I walked up to my front door after running errands I made a startling discovery. Tulips are poking their way above the soil. I am stunned by their bravery and heartened by the promise of spring. Our snow is mostly gone and with at least 3 double digit (Celsius) days beginning tomorrow, I think it will be completely gone...not that it won't snow again, but I think the pattern will now move toward spring with winter heaving a few more death throws.

We are also on the verge of the end of basketball season. Both of Magrath's teams play in provincials this weekend and Rob is taking the kids to Red Deer to watch the boys and then way up to Hinton to watch the girls. They will be gone from Thursday until Sunday. After provincials we get a little break before Soccer season starts.

It is a transitional time for Preston too. His birthday is this Sunday, and he will be 4. I just signed him up for preschool which starts in the fall. When he starts preschool I will have my first limited experience with having all my kids in school and I sense the beginning of a totally different era. At the same time, Alyssa will start junior high and Young Women.

On Monday Rob finished his 13th of 15 university courses for his MBA degree with the University of Phoenix. He has now started course number 14, and if all goes well, he will finish his degree on June 8th. Last weekend Rob and I made a quick trip up to Rocky for the funeral of one of his former student athletes and we talked about life after Master's degree. It is hard to imagine having that weight lifted.

Even though these changes are not all happening in the next few weeks, they all make me think of spring and hope and progress. Here's to change for the better!

1 comment:

Kartchner Family said...

It was so good seeing everyone, hopefully we can get together again soon. You are amazing Rob, it must feel good to see the light at the end of the "masters degree" tunnel.

My Blog List