Monday, April 6, 2009

His 'n Hers Matching Report Cards

Alyssa and Austin got their report cards last week. They are graded from 1-5 with five being the highest and indicating "above grade level." Rob told the kids prior to report card day that for every non-5 they got they would have to run 10 laps around the house. On report card day morning, Austin was considering running away from home because of this. However, as it turned out, Alyssa and Austin got identical report cards, both getting all 5s except for one 4 each in writing. They also both got excellent in all the work habit categories. This report card is typical for Alyssa, but represents a significant improvement for Austin. I was proud of them for hunkering down and getting to work this last term. Staying on task that way is especially hard for Austin. I don't even think we made them run around the house, afterall. But, I am starting to push journal writing for both of them as it is a good thing to do for many reasons, but should especially help their writing abilities.
Good Work Alyssa and Austin!

2 comments:

Kartchner Family said...

Good work. Alyssa you are a responsible young lady. Way to step up and impress your teacher. (are you bribing him with home baked goods)

The Bryner Family said...

They can start being my journal writing buddies with me! I've been on a streak of journal and scripture reading for more than a year now and I have noticed that I not only know how to pronounce words from the Book of Mormon and what they mean, I also have become great at making correct punctuation, spelling, and etc. Journal writing is great! And good job on the report cards. It sounds like all of us Prete cousins should join the A+ report club.



Anna

My Blog List