Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Day of Preschool


Preston has been excited for weeks, even months about being able to go to preschool at the school with the big kids. I can't tell you how many days he has woken up and asked if it was preschool today. When the kids first went back to school, he packed himself a lunch too because he wanted to go, too.
Finally, the day came last Thursday when we was to go to preschool for the first time without mom. All of a sudden he was scared spitless. He whined and cried whenever I mentioned it. "I don't want to go to preschool." " I don't want to go anywhere!" He dressed himself and when I tried to change him into pants that weren't 3 inches too short, and clothes that matched, he freaked out so badly I had to give up. Same thing with combing his hair. Finally, amid his cries, I got him out the door, put his helmet on him and put him on his bike. He obediently rode over to the school, all the time whining and crying about not wanting to go.
Once he was there about 2 minutes he was fine and never looked back! While he was there, I went through his drawers and got rid of all the pants that are too short. Now, if he freaks out again and won't let me make sure he is matching, etc...at least his pants will fit!

3 comments:

Kartchner Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kartchner Family said...

Way to go Preston on your first day of preschool!!! This story reminds me of another Preston incident, it had something to do with walking to church and Rob????

The Bryner Family said...

That's cute. I'm glad he likes it now. Keep up the good work Preston!

Anna

My Blog List