Recently a certain sister-in-law, not to name names, Sherylee, told me how hurt she was that I haven't posted more on my blog recently. I told her that's because nothing interesting has been happening. I decided that I'd better try to assuage her hurt feelings with more posts. But, I warned you....it doesn't mean I have anything interesting to post about.
I have to thank another sister-in-law, Haylee, for teaching me how to make fabulous 100% whole (white) wheat bread as seen above. The bread pictured above turned out like a dream, don't you think? I don't know how it tasted though, because I sold it.
Which brings me to the other aspect of this post which is that I've been doing a lot of fundraising lately for the Pals of the Pool, trying to raise money and awareness for an improved pool in Magrath. Our group has done 3 concessions so far at the Rodeo grounds. On the day the above pictures were taken, there was a craft/bake sale at the agriplex along with team sorting rodeo. We did both the concession and a bakesale and sold my cinnamon buns both individually and in fours and the bread among other things. Profit on the evening$450.
The following weekend (last weekend) we did a concession for the Chinook Rodeo, which is as big a rodeo as comes to our little town.We did concessions during the day for the slack and again in the evening for the performance. We also had people man the doors and got 1/3 of the gate money. Total profit on the day $1200.
We've done some other events too, and are selling punch and cookies at the town Christmas program next Friday. So far our total funds are about $5500.
So, we are nickel and diming our way toward a contribution to the pool. I just hope the town is also inching its way toward a plan.
1 comment:
Yummy!!!!
Post a Comment