Monday, November 2, 2009

Everybody's favorite principal?




One of the things you fear when you are the principal of a school, is that someone will take out his or her wrath for a disciplinary measure, or unpopular decision on you or your family personally. One time in Rocky Mountain House, when we were living in a row of grey townhouses, our next door neighbour got egged. Since she was a single mom working at an oil company with one daughter, I couldn't help wondering if the egging was meant for us.
On Friday, October 30th, when I came out of the school after the elementary costume parade, this is what I saw--Rob's car covered in toilet paper. I thought it was pretty funny. Rob was too busy to be amused, but not particularly upset, either. Still, he was interested to know who the culprits were.
Later, a teacher came in Rob's office looking a little guilty and wanting to make sure Rob didn't have anywhere important to go...this sparked a confession that the teacher and three Gr. 7 girls were responsible for the toilet papering....and I won't say if one of those girls was in our very own family... Looks like the jr. high dance taking place at the same time wasn't holding these girls' attention...but I'm sure they didn't really want to t.p. the principal's car, but what are they to do when the week before basketball tryouts, their basketball coach asks them to do it?



1 comment:

The Bryner Family said...

did Alyssa make the basketball team?

My Blog List