For a long time, Alyssa and I have been talking about painting her room, but we have not proceeded because we have been at an impasse. I suggest taupe, she suggests candy apple red. I suggest beige, she suggests crayon orange. After a fair bit of discussion, I consulted Sherylee who suggested picking bedding first, and perhaps getting bold colors in bedding to satiate her desire for the extreme and then go with something a little more neutral in the walls. This week we were down in Kalispell and found the comforter you see pictured here. It matches the throw blanket Granny gave Alyssa for Christmas (notice it covering her round chair). The picture that came with the comforter showed yellow throw pillows and yellow sheets which made me suggest yellow to Alyssa as the wall colour. She agreed and we went to work painting.
I thought I would save a trip to Lethbridge and buy the paint at Home Hardware. Remind me to never do that again! I painted 4, that's right 4 coats on the bottom half to get it to cover the blue. I am certain that 2 coats of Behr paint would have covered it easily, as it only took one coat in my room to look really good. Anyway, I think it turned out pretty well, and while I would not choose bright yellow myself, preferring calm colours, I think it suits Alyssa and I hope she likes it even as she matures. Now we have to find one or two things to go on her walls, and maybe make some pillows and a cover for her chair. She's considering getting vinyl lettering that says "There is Sunshine in My Soul Today."
4 comments:
Her room looks great! I love the yellow!
Now that looks like the room of a soon to be teenager. Great job
Taupe and beige? For a kid's bedroom? Good thing Alyssa held out for a comprosmise.
Christian
Way to go Alyssa! It looks great.
GP
Post a Comment