Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Raymond Triathlon, Aug 7, 2010

The Raymond triathlon was on Saturday, August 7th. I did the sprint distance 500 m swim, 20 K bike and 5 K run (which was in reality only about 4 K). I did quite a bit better than the Magrath triathlon, even though you can't compare times directly, only placing and pacing. I finished 10th of 36 overall, 5th of 22 women, and 3rd of 10 in my age group.
My swim was 10:40, which was really good for me, especially when you consider that about 35 seconds of that was walk/running to the pool and from where I exited the pool around the whole leisure section of the pool to the mat where my bike time began. In other words, I swam in about 10:05. I recently applied 2 improvements to my pull on my front crawl which took about 1 minute off my 500m swim time.
I borrowed Ken's bike a couple of weeks, and that really helped my bike time. My bike time was 45:58 which placed me 11th overall for the bike and 2nd fastest for women. This was a big change from Magrath where my bike was really slow.
My run time was 21:43 which looks good on paper for a 5 K but all the times were wicked fast, leading me to believe the distance was not reliable. I was hurting on the run, and finished 5 in my age group, and 14th overall on the run. I haven't been running much lately due to my sore feet. My overall time was 1:18:22.
Raymond did a great job on the event and I had a lot of fun. I really, really like triathlon. I wish it had a longer season and that I could do a lot more of them.
Crossing the mat to start the swim
Me swimming in the blue swim cap
Approaching the deep end.
Crossing the mat the signals the start of my official bike time. I was the first one out of the water in my heat..but the truth is I actually had the 2nd fastest time in my heat since we didn't all start at exactly the same time. I had the 8th fastest swim overall, 4th fastest for women.
Transitioning to the bike
Starting on the bike
Finishing the run

My Blog List