Official results: 16:06 swim (750 m open water), 51:06 bike (26 km) and 26:22 run (5 k), 1:33:35, final, 4/53 women, 21/94 overall. So much fun!
I participated in the Magrath triathlon again today. It was a super fun event! The water was pretty chilly this year in the dam (late run off from the mountains this year). My swim time was almost identical to last year, just over 16 minutes for 750 m. I ran into lots of people this year swimming. I had a tough time with my first transition (swim to bike) as I went down the wrong aisle to find my bike, then was a little dizzy. In spite of that, though, my bike time (which includes both transitions) was much faster than last year at about 51 minutes for 26 km. This is due to having borrowed a good road bike. I also ran faster than last year, 5 km in 26:22. My overall time was about 1:33:30 (waiting for official results). My time put me 5th (I think) for women out of 53. I was super happy with that. For a while I thought I came first in my age group, but it turned out someone else who was faster had a problem with her timing chip. In total my time was about 8 minutes faster than last year.Below are videos that Austin took of the race.
No comments:
Post a Comment