Yesterday, I was reminded of the ice cream cone bribery that worked so well on us as kids. We took the kids to Waterton for the day and did a fair bit of hiking for my poor boys' little legs. Austin really wanted ice cream from the store at the town site, so Rob made them a deal. If they hiked all that we wanted them to and didn't complain, we'd get ice cream cones. First, we drove over to Cameron lake and hiked the lakeside trail 3.2 k which was beautiful as you can see. By the end of this hike, Preston and Austin were very tired. There was another very short trail (1 km) to Akamina Lake right next to Cameron lake and so I insisted we go there too, since we had driven all that way.
Finally Rob's deal with the boys included hiking up Bear's Hump, which for those of you who haven't hiked it, gains 200 m of elevation in 1.4 km--or in other words, is climbing a mountain. At the top there is a beautiful view of Waterton Lakes and the townsite. Preston and Austin started out and did their best, but bless their hearts could not do the whole thing. Alyssa and I went ahead, and got pictures from the top.
After Bear's Hump, we got dinner and ice cream. Austin couldn't stop talking about how good the food and ice cream were. I think it had something to do with working up an appetite!
1 comment:
Great hiking guys...I did Bears hump one night after hiking all day...I was beginning to think I wasn't going to make it. Good job on earning yourself some ice cream.
Post a Comment