I was concerned with Christmas being on Sunday this year, that we would be rushed getting all the presents open and getting everyone ready for church at 11, especially since Rob and I had to be there early. In reality, it was no problem at all. We even had time for a nice hot breakfast before church. I think everyone also got a hot shower (Christmas miracle). It was really nice to go to Sacrament meeting on Christmas day. We had a wonderful Christmas program with music and narration.
Later in the day, we had a nice dinner and celebrated Brian's birthday (which, like my brother Joe, is on Christmas Day).
It was nice to be with Brian and Sarah and my mom and dad for Christmas. Some highlights of the gift action...we got Brian and Sarah ice skates. All the kids got mom a Kindle which she was excited to get. Rob got tickets to a Calgary Flames game. The kids mostly got stuff from their wish lists, but were surprised and happy to get piano music that suited their interests. Alyssa got music to Wicked and Mamma Mia! and Austin got Disney and Super Mario Bros. music. I was delighted to get the music to the Forgotten Carols, as well as the story book. Rob surprised me with a magnetic bike trainer so that I can ride my road bike in the house all winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment