Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Temple Trip

I don't have any pictures of it, but on the 27th, we had a really special experience at the temple. Alyssa and I had been doing some family history work, and had quite a few names ready for temple work. We had our Prete company and the Doigs, including Michelle's family who was visiting from Kalispell at the temple in the morning to do baptisms for the dead. All the youth as well as my sister Sarah and Vicki (Tracy's mother) acted as proxy. It seemed to me that Alyssa was just beaming when the people whose names she had found were baptized.

After baptisms we had lunch at Granny's. Then Austin left with Hemsleys to go to Kalispell for a few days. Rob and Alyssa went to Raymond to watch the high school boys basketball tournament, called the Sugar Bowl. Some others also left to go home. Later in the afternoon Granny once again watched the boys (Preston and Mark) while Sarah, Brian, Mom and Dad, Grandpa Paul and I went back to the temple and performed initiatories for all of our names. Grandpa Paul was very happy that he got to be proxy when the work was done for his uncle George whose name Alyssa had submitted. My dad also said he had a strong feeling when he was proxy for the Masker family (from Grandma Prete/Nash's line). I was also very happy to do temple work for our ancestors.

Later in the day, Mom and Dad took us to The Keg for dinner. On the 28th, Brian and Sarah left in the morning and we had a relatively quiet day with Mom and Dad. I inputted more family history, went to the Dr (to finally get my strep throat treated which had been bothering me since before Christmas eve). We visited and did laundry. Mom and dad left around lunch time on the 29th.

No comments:

My Blog List