Our original plan for Monday, April 1 was to go snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. Actually Rob suggested Pearl Harbor, but I was so anxious to make sure we got to Hanauma Bay that I insisted to do that first. We spent some time in the morning at the hotel pool, but by late morning, after being a little cold at the pool as it was cloudy and cool, and after evaluating the forecast--which called for a chance of rain, I pulled the plug on Hanauma Bay. Unfortunately, by this time it was too late to go to Pearl Harbor which has to be done early. So, we went shopping at the hugest Ross store ever which was about a block from our hotel. Then we went down Kalakaua--the main drag along the beach-- in search of lunch. I suggested going West, but the food court I knew about was closed for construction. So we went further, but no luck--mostly Asian food and you know how adventurous our gang is. So then we decided to go back to the Cheesecake factory which was a block east of our hotel. When we got there the line up to eat was about 1-2 hrs long, so we went further. Rob finally took over the fiasco and suggested the McDonalds another couple of blocks down that we had been to last time we were in Hawaii. Unfortunately, it had been torn down and was being rebuilt. We ended up at a little Burger King way down the road. The kids were tired of walking, and since it was 2 pm (and who knows what time for their stomachs which were still jet lagged), they were quite fed up. Of course, the burgers didn't end up "ketchup only" as asked. I tried to sweeten the situation with soft serve ice cream from Burger King, but the cones were more the texture of ice milk than soft serve and ended up tipping off the cones and onto the shirts of both Rob and Alyssa. Mine also tipped, but I saved it from falling all the way. By the end though, we were all having a good laugh.
Though it stayed a little cool, it never did rain so we went back to the beach and later drove to Sizzler for Dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment