Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

This Mother's Day morning, I would like to thank my mom for bringing me into the world and loving and raising me. Like Abraham Lincoln "All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother." I love you mom!
I would also like to thank my husband and children for their loving thoughtfulness. I woke up to breakfast in bed today and gifts and cuddles. Rob even brought Marky down to cuddle up his mom in my bed. I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to have such a loving family.
Last night I went with Alyssa and Granny (i.e. Rob's mom, Sheron) to see Mothering Heights, a dinner theatre production put on by the cultural arts society in Magrath. It was a very nice evening and the play explored various aspects of motherhood from postpartum blues, to adoption to empty nesting, to helping with a paper route, to a teenager taking grandma to bingo, etc. It was funny and touching. It was nice to spend the evening with Sheron and Alyssa.
It is such an honor to be a mother and be part of the Lord's work in bringing children to Earth and nurturing them. It is a noble responsibility and I want to send out my thoughts of admiration to all of you who are in difficult stages of motherhood.

No comments:

My Blog List