Friday, June 12, 2009

Baby Deer


Is it just me or is this hiding place rather weak?

This morning I went outside to water the flowers and I noticed something under the apple tree. At first I thought it was the orange cat that hangs around the neighborhood, but we soon realized it was a baby deer. Apparently the mother left it under the tree as her hiding place and told it to wait because even though it is now awake, and even though it has stood up a couple of times, once when being harrassed by some birds, it has stayed in that spot. I've been watching it for about 5 hours, and I'm afraid that the mother won't come back until after dark, if she comes at all, because I never see deer in the yard during the day. Hopefully the mother comes back for it, and hopefully they move on before eating all my garden!! Below is a little movie of Preston discussing the baby deer.


b

My Blog List