Alyssa did her Royal Conservatory Gr. 3 piano exam in Lethbridge today. She has worked very hard since January preparing for this exam and I am very proud of the level of commitment she has shown and of the overall improvement in her piano skills. Her teacher, Alma Davies has been amazing and extremely dedicated to Alyssa's success, scheduling several extra practices and helping her in every way to succeed.
Alyssa's examination was amazing. I have heard her practice, (believe me) innumberable times, but listening in on the exam, I think she played all of her pieces better than in practice. I guess some people thrive under pressure and also God answers prayers. I am uploading some video of her playing at home about a week ago.
List A: Musette in D by J.S. Bach
List C: Play by Bela Bartok
Study: Study in C by Czerny
List B: Sonatina in C by Muzio Clementi
Study: Arabesque by Burgmuller
3 comments:
Very well done, Alyssa. I watched/listened to your 4 video clips. I am impressed at how much your piano skills have developed. You play very well, and with confidence. I commend you on all your diligent practicing. Congratulations on your successful piano exam. I am very proud of you. In a few weeks I hope you will perform for me in person. I look forward to that. I love you.
Nicely done Alyssa! It sounds like all that practicing payed off!
Very impressive, Alyssa! WOW!
Post a Comment