Saturday, November 28, 2009

ALPA Christmas Party

Raffle items we won!
Austin with his best little person friend, Andrew, who lives in Edmonton and also happens to be LDS.

Chinese gift exchange.




Chinese gift exchange gifts.


Austin and Andrew


Today was the Association of Little People of Alberta Christmas Party in Calgary & we were lucky enough to attend. It was a fun day. When we got there we realized that though I had brought the camera, I had forgotten to put the memory card back in. Rob went and bought one, but Santa came while he was gone. Did you know Santa is a little person. Speaking of which can anyone tell me how to get pictures off my phone? Because it has some cute Santa pics, but I don't know how to get them on the computer.


In addition to Santa's visit, we did a Chinese gift exchange among the adults. I included above a terrible picture of me so that you could see in the background some of the little people and their families at the party. We also had a potluck dinner and a raffle. Our family cleaned house on the raffle. There were about 20-25 items and a few were extremely popular (itunes card, etc) but I put tickets in items that no one else seemed to want. We also got lucky on a couple of popular items and ended up winning 6 different things!


Austin and Andrew did several running races, arm wrestling competitions and in this video a pushup contest. Andrew is by far the more athletic of the two boys, but hopefully the friendly competition with someone his own size will help motivate Austin to get out there and be active!

1 comment:

Kartchner Family said...

looks like fun. Austin you should do pushups every night so you can have big "guns" like Uncle Monte.

My Blog List