Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Days of School

This is a big year for our family doing back to school, because all the kids are in school now. Preston started kindergarten & Mark Gr. 4. Austin is one of the big kids now at the elementary in Gr. 6 and Alyssa is in the heart of Jr. High in Gr. 8. the "first day of school" didn't really happen exactly. Austin and Mark went for half a day on Monday, Aug. 30th, and Alyssa started on Tuesday after a little orientation on Monday. However, I didn't get any before school pictures of her because she had 7 am Volleyball tryouts on her first day. Preston started Wednesday afternoon. So far everyone is doing well and getting back into the swing of things. Normally, I would feel jipped with school starting a whole week before Labour Day, but since it was cold outside, it seemed to fit.
It is nice for me to be back into morning scripture reading, FHE, dinners together, etc. It is strange though to have afternoons to myself. I both like it and am scared of the time to myself. I guess I haven't been alone much.





No comments:

My Blog List