Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween from the Doigs


Alyssa is Thing 1 from the Cat in the Hat. Her friend was Thing 2. Austin is Link from the Legend of Zelda...not an elf or Peter Pan...Mark is Aladdin and Preston, a power ranger.
Granny fixed us up with the Aladdin costume. Mark wore the hat and didn't try to take it off. I thought it was pretty cute. Rob is away at a conference and Alyssa had a volleyball practice so Mark and his caregiver, Kaylee, handed out candy. Mark stayed in costume all day long.

Austin has wanted to be Link for about 2 months and talked about it every day. I finally had to sew the costume when we couldn't find anything like it in the stores.
This is my creation, the snowman pumpkin. I entered it at the school's pumpkin carving contest at the school. The pumpkins were a little green still. They were from the garden.
I carved this pumpkin for Preston who wanted a dragon pumpkin. I thought it turned out pretty well.

3 comments:

Kartchner Family said...

Super cute costumes. I totally knew who Austin was...I wouldn't dare think he was an elf or Peter Pan. (wink, wink)

Not to make anyone jealous, I just sat outside in shorts and a t-shirt and handed out candy.

Hemsley5 said...

Looks like a fun Halloween. I bet Alyssa and her friend looked great together. Keston knows all about Link. I can't believe how big Mark is getting. Preston, you are one tough Power Ranger. We were pretty lucky to have no snow but it did get pretty chilly once the sun went down.

The Doig Family said...

Don't forget my Majora pumpkin!!! MOM!

My Blog List