Sunday, November 27, 2011

A hurricane without the rain

We are having an extreme windstorm. It is is 14 degrees Celsius when normal for this time of year is a high of 2 degrees. The west wind is blowing harder, yes actually harder, than I have ever seen it blow here. We have sustained winds of 75 km/hr with gusts in some places over 140 km/hr. We have had many windstorms, but this is the first time it has toppled our super heavy trampoline. Also, shingles are flying off our roof like crazy. Alyssa and I had to tie down the BBQ up on our deck because it was moving all over. I was afraid it would slam into a window. We also removed the toys from the sandbox because they are also taking flight. Here are a few pictures. ...apart from the wind it is a lovely, warm sunny day.
Now there are several out of control grass fires blazing...one west of Lethbridge and one or two South of Magrath and Raymond, as well as other places, I understand. Downtown Calgary is like a war zone. The winds at the top of the Calgary tower were gusting at 150 km/hr. Lots of windows shattered in the wind.





2 comments:

Kartchner Family said...

You should get inside before something hits you!!! Monte commented on the nice job tying down the BBQ.

Anonymous said...

Have you fixed your shingles yet? --Paul

My Blog List