Saturday, December 10, 2011

Little People Christmas Party, 2011

This year the little people of Alberta Christmas party was on the same day as the Zeniths Opening basketball tournament. So, I called Granny and Grandpa-911. Alyssa and Rob went to the tournament, Granny watched Mark and Grandpa drove the boys and I to the Christmas party. It was very much the same as every year. Chinese gift exchange for the adults, a little person Santa comes for the kids, potluck dinner, and raffling of items brought by people attending the party. Preston won a lego game in the raffle, and I won a bowl of candy. Grandpa won a golf shirt and golf balls, if I remember right. There were lots of little people, especially young children. There was even one little person mother with an average size newborn baby.

On the way there the weather was beautiful. However, by the time we left the party there were 4-6 inches of snow on the ground and it was snowing hard. Grandpa got us home safely, driving in the center of the highway with no regard for lanes (when there was no traffic around) so that if we slipped we'd have further to go before going off the road. It was a stressful night, but I was so glad it wasn't me driving!
Kids waiting for Santa



No comments:

My Blog List