Saturday, December 31, 2011

Waterton on Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve in the morning we got the last minute idea to go to Waterton. Brian especially likes the mountains. We packed everyone up and left the kids and my parents (who did not feel up to Waterton) at Granny's house. Rob and I took Sarah and Brian up to Waterton. I had never been there in the winter. There wasn't a lot we could do there, but we drove around and got to see what it is like, anyway.We drove up to Cameron Lake, but the road was closed before the lake. They leave it as a trail for cross country skiing and snoe shoeing. I was amazed how much snow they have since there was almost none in Magrath and not much at the Waterton town site.
Emerald Bay. The wind was blowing probably about 100 km/h. It was too windy to hardly get out of the van at Upper Waterton Lake.
Rob and Becky at Cameron Falls.
The falls were about 70% frozen over. They looked really pretty. I like that the ice looks bluish.
Sarah and Brian at Cameron Falls.

No comments:

My Blog List