Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Relief Society Christmas


The Christmas season was especially busy this year because I added to the usual preparations a layer of Relief Society service (as I now serve as Relief Society president). The picture above is of our Relief Society Christmas party which was a wonderful evening at which I had almost no responsibilities. The Weekday committee did a wonderful job. The person on the right in this picture is my non-member neighbor who came with me to the party. She had a really nice time.

We held our visiting teaching conference on the first Sunday of December during Relief Society. We had arranged for the primary and young women workers to join us. I taught the lesson and prepared handouts for the sisters which ended up being way more work than they should have been (remember President Uchtdorf telling us in his "forget me not" talk that it is not a wise sacrifice to stitch the name of the lesson in potholders for the class? These were my potholders.
The VT conference went really well, though.

Our presidency also spoke in church at the end of November. Then there were visiting teaching changes, helping a sister with a move & renovations, visits, a funeral luncheon, helping with the Ward Christmas party, Visiting Teaching, Christmas hampers, Relief Society at the Diamond Willow Lodge and so on and so forth.

I really love having the chance to serve in Relief Society. It has been a major blessing in my life already. I'm glad I have a little time over the holidays to rest up so I can get back at it in the New Year!

No comments:

My Blog List