Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10 down 5 to go!

Rob is working on his MBA--Masters in Business Administration--at the University of Phoenix online. His program consists of 15 3 credit classes, each of which is completed in a six week period. Last night at 11:28 p.m. he finished the requirements of his 10th course, a final 3000 word paper with 6 obnoxious tables to complete. Now he has only 5 more to go! I was up typing for Rob last night and this morning, the fog in my brain is unusually thick. I even went back to bed after the kids went to school. I don't know how many of you (are there any of you out there?) are tracking the exchange rate between the Canadian and American dollars, but the Canadian Dollar has dropped off dramatically with the drop in oil prices. Anyway I mention this because Rob's university courses just got way more expensive. Last year this time we paid $1800 CAD for a course, the one he begins today cost us over $2500 CAD. Boo Hoo. My brother-in-law thinks Canadians will save more due to lower gasoline prices and lower cost of consumer goods with low oil prices than we pay with a poor exchange rate. I vehemently disagree!

1 comment:

Kartchner Family said...

Way to go Rob. We lost a lot of money due to the US dollar, it is going to take many years of fill ups at the pump to make it back.

My Blog List