It's autumn time at the Doigs! This weekend was Thanksgiving and our 12th anniversary. For our anniversary, Rob and I went to the Cardston temple on Friday night. Mark's caregiver is here from 4-8 and we were able to get dinner and do a temple session and be back in that time. Alyssa who is now 11 babysat the other kids and they did just fine. On our first anniversary when we already had a 2 month old baby, I wondered what we had done to put such an abrupt end to the honeymoon. Now 11 years later, it feels like it was a great idea. I'm so grateful to Alyssa for being capable of and willing to babysit so that we have the chance to strengthen our marriage and our gospel commitment. Yesterday Alyssa announced that she would like to babysit once a month so that we can attend the temple. Good times are coming!
We enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with Rob's family on Sunday and I spent the days on Saturday and Monday in the traditional Thankgiving pursuit of harvesting. In our cold room are now 6 gunny sacks full of, altogether, 250 lbs of potatoes. Admittedly I planted too many, but who would have thought individual potatoes would grow to the size of footballs? We also harvested the carrots and cleaned out the flower beds and other now dead vegetables. We're ready for winter. Don't get me wrong though, I certainly hope it does not come soon!
1 comment:
Omedeto for your 12th wedding anniversary! From my eyes, you two are experienced mature couple! We have 10 more years to go until we celebrate our 12th wedding anniversary. What a blessing to have a helpful daughter you have!
Post a Comment