Saturday, December 13, 2008

Deep Freeze


Yesterday evening a storm came in and put an abrupt end to our mild, fall-like weather bringing in winter with a vengeance. All together we got about 6 inches of snow, winds from 40-80 km/hr and a temperature drop from about +5 C (41 F) to -25 C (-13 F)which, with the windchill feels like -38 C (-36 F) right now. Sounds like a good day to hunker down and read a book, or if you're like me and planning a trip to Utah for Christmas in 7 days, it is a good chance to get some things done in preparation for said trip. I have been waiting for below freezing temperatures to start building an ice rink in the backyard. Today, however, it is just too dang cold to go out, Maybe I'll start Monday. By then, at least the wind is supposed to have died down! Here's hoping my reader(s) are enjoying better winter weather. If you can outdo me, let me know!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I'm guessing you're going to be at Liz's? I'd love to see you while you're in Utah!

My Blog List