Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reflections on November 23rd

Seven years ago today, our family was in a terrible car accident, the one that left Mark with a severe traumatic brain injury. Today, the weather is mild, the sky clear and Mark is stable. Yesterday he even sat through watching a Volleyball game at the school without even thinking about crying. Those of you who know him know how much of an improvement that is.
Today in primary, we had a very touching sharing time about how we are all children of God and how we can be kind to everyone. Part of the discussions was about people with disabilities. I was asked to tell the children a bit about Mark. I felt the strongly as I told them that Mark is a Child of God, that Heavenly Father loves him as much as the other children and that one day, when he is resurrected, Mark will have a perfect mind and body without limitations. Later in Sharing Time we sang, "I'll Walk With You." As the chorister I led the music, but I couldn't hardly sing. The topic touched too deeply. In case you don't know the words, they go something like this....

"If you don't walk as most people do, some people walk away from you, but I won't, I won't.
"If you don't talk as most people do, some people talk and laugh at you, but I won't, I wont. I'll walk with you, I'll talk with you, that's how I'll show my love for you.
"Jesus walked away from none, he gave his love to everyone one and I will, I will.
"Jesus blessed all He could see, then turned and said come follow me, and I will, I will. I will, I will.
"I'll walk with you, I'll talk with you. That's how I'll show my love for you.

It is a priviledge to walk and talk with one like Mark, who is so pure and innocent. I love you, Marky.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Very touching! Thanks for sharing!

Kartchner Family said...

I can't believe it has been seven years. What a life changing moment for all of us. Love you guys

My Blog List