Sunday, December 28, 2008

Visitng with the Joe Prete family and the Bryner family in Price, Utah

Is Garrett doing this puzzle, or just spreading the pieces around?
Olivia's first birthday cake

Liz playing a game with Garrett and Pierce. Luckily for Liz, Preston was just observing.


Sara Prete



Olivia Prete, first birthday




We spent a week in Price, Utah from December 20th-26th. Travel was difficult with bad roads in both directions (worse on the way back). However, thanks to Rob's driving, and the Lord's tender mercies, we arrived at Bryners and back home again without incident.



For the first three days of our stay, my brother Joe, his wife Haylee and their four girls were also there. We had a great time together. We celebrated Olivia's first birthday (seen above) and the adults played games including an LDS version of Taboo, called Not a Word, or something. I even enjoyed Joe's silliness..and attempted cheating. Alyssa, Anna and their employees put on another session of Happy Land for Babies, and in addition to extensive propaganda creation, administration, staff meetings and luncheons, elections of positions and employee awards, etc. they also actually did Happy Land with the little ones at least three mornings. I was especially excited to see the change in Preston over the course of Happy Land. One the first day, he told me, "I don't like to play Happy Land." By the second day, however, he participated in all the games and even the crafts. His favorite game was something called "here, fishy, fishy" which is apparently some variation of red light green light.



We played other games over the course of the week, including lots of Scattergories and a little Boggle. There was also some shopping, present wrapping, lots of cooking, eating, dishes and even a little laundry. No one got enough sleep and a few people got sick, but I don't know what else we could expect when 20 people are staying in one house preparing for the holidays.

4 comments:

Brooke S said...

Looks like lots of fun!

Preteness said...

I wish I could have been there! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm not going to lie, I'm just a little jealous!!!

The Doig family said...

Sarah, I should have taken a picture of the piles of dishes, and recordings of the babies crying in the night, and sent you a few used kleenexs and barf buckets....then see if you're jealous.

The Bryner Family said...

It was fun, but seriously Becky is kind of right. Luckily, no one used a barf bucket while at our house, but I hear ALyssa needed one in the car. But you still missed out.

My Blog List