At the beginning of the Christmas holidays Rob brought out this 1000 piece puzzle that he had bought years ago at a clearance sale. Every year when we lived out of town and stayed at Granny and Grandpa's for Christmas they would bring out puzzles and various family members would put them together. It was super fun--to me an annual treat--forget the work for a while and do a puzzle.
This was the first big one we did at our house. At first everyone worked together as we got the perimeter pieced together. It soon became apparent, however, that this was a very difficult puzzle with hundreds of pieces looking almost identical--shades of grey and brown. Apart from some Christmas day help from Grandma Berry and one evening from Shari, (Mark's caregiver), this became my personal endeavor. For a month or so in December and January, I also suffered from quite bad insomnia. I spent many hours on days when I was too tired to do anything useful working on that puzzle. I'm sure I could have read War and Peace several times over in the time that puzzle took me. I finally finished it last weekend, only to find that one piece was missing. I hate it when that happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment