Wednesday, January 5, 2011

If at first you don't succeed.....


So, on the 23rd, I started getting tired of the kids watching tv/movies, playing on the computer and playing video games, so I decided I should get them out of the house to do something active. So, I called the town office and asked when they have public skating at the arena...1-2 p.m., perfect! So we dressed the kids up in snow pants and helmets and mitts and found all the skates and drove over to the arena at 1:00. When we got to the door there was a sign that said "Public skating 1-2 p.m., cancelled, today only." Dang it! Someone suggested we go tobogganing instead. We drove over to the hill, but there was not enough snow (it faces south and we'd had some warmish days).
So Alyssa said, lets go swimming in Lethbridge. So, I checked the Lethbridge pool schedule, and found a pool that had swimming until 5:00 p.m. I packed 2 bags, one for the boys and one for the girls. As we were leaving, I hadn't grabbed the bags, and Alyssa noticed. When I was doing something else, she grabbed the swim stuff and put it in the back of the van. Unfortunately, when we arrived at the pool on the far side of Lethbridge and opened the back of the van, there was only one swim bag...she hadn't realized I packed two. At this point, I nearly cried. I have had some trouble sleeping lately and I hadn't slept well the night before, and my tired little brain could not take much more!
Anyway, we calmed down and decided to go to the Movie Mill. There we played mini golf and after waiting an hour or so, went to the theatre and watched Megamind, which the kids really enjoyed.
The irony is that we ended up sitting through a movie, with, as you can see a lot of popcorn and pop instead of getting active. Also, I spent over $50, instead of $8 (public skating), but I think we made a memory that day!

No comments:

My Blog List