Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Nativity Pageant in Cardston




On Wednesday the 22nd, we went to the Nativity Pageant in Cardston put on this year by the Cardston First Ward. It was a chilly night, but we bundled up well and didn't suffer too much from cold at all. Nativity pageants are special to me as being part of the pageant in Kingston was the essence of Christmas for me growing up. I found myself wishing I could tweak their pageant a little...get Mary and Joseph to wait to come in until the narration says "and Joseph also, " change the placement of the animals so they could be more visible, etc...get the shepherds to act more surprised....I mean no offence to the pageant in Cardston, it's just that it was exactly those types of things that I helped with in Kingston. The angels in the Cardston pageant were quite magnificent. One angel on the top of the tallest roof, and a chorus of heavenly hosts with angel-Moroni-trumpets on a lower roof. One thing they do at the Cardston pageant that I thought was especially powerful, is they have a big projection screen above the stable and at the end when the Halleluiah Chorus is on, they have a short video of Christ's life death and resurrection. It reminds us that the baby in the manger is meaningless without considering the Savior's atoning sacrifice for us.

No comments:

My Blog List