My family will attest that I was a rather grumpy slave driver on Christmas eve in the morning and early afternoon. I wanted everything clean and perfect for Christmas. I made everyone do their regular jobs and some extras. When about 2:00, everyone but me was finished their work, the kids, forgiving me for my earlier meanness, and in a spirit of Christmas cheer, helped me finish what I needed to do. The result a beautiful magical home to wake up to on Christmas morning. ...As you can see the perfect cleanness did not last. Santa was very generous this year. Everyone got a big chunk of their Christmas lists and perhaps a few surprises too. We are very grateful for the plenty we enjoy, but especially that we could be together for Christmas. Thank you also to the grandparents, great grandparents, Aunt Sarah and Brian, Aunt Joyce, and friends and neighbors for gifts that made our cups run over!
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Magical Christmas Morning
My family will attest that I was a rather grumpy slave driver on Christmas eve in the morning and early afternoon. I wanted everything clean and perfect for Christmas. I made everyone do their regular jobs and some extras. When about 2:00, everyone but me was finished their work, the kids, forgiving me for my earlier meanness, and in a spirit of Christmas cheer, helped me finish what I needed to do. The result a beautiful magical home to wake up to on Christmas morning. ...As you can see the perfect cleanness did not last. Santa was very generous this year. Everyone got a big chunk of their Christmas lists and perhaps a few surprises too. We are very grateful for the plenty we enjoy, but especially that we could be together for Christmas. Thank you also to the grandparents, great grandparents, Aunt Sarah and Brian, Aunt Joyce, and friends and neighbors for gifts that made our cups run over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- aerial view
- Christmas 2006
- Deep thoughts for Hallowe'en
- Did you know....
- Episodes in Potty Training
- Jim Flaherty making tax cut announcement
- Lest we forget
- November 1. 2008
- Please make lots of suggestions
- Please post your comments and read and react to each other's comments
- posted by Alyssa
- RMC
- The Doig family
1 comment:
Christmas morning rocks.
Post a Comment